- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup of Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup of Epsom Salt
- 3/4 TBSP of water
- 1 TBSP of essential oil or food grade flavoring
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil
- 3 – 4 drops of food coloring
- Dried flowers
- 1/2 Cup of Citric Acid (ADDED LAST)
Blend up dry ingredients except for the citric acid. Mix up water, food coloring and oil. Mix wet and dry ingredients together using your hands and add in the citric acid. Mix with your hands until it can be packed together. Mine was a little on the dry side. You can add another 1/4 TBSP of water if it isn’t packing together well. Add into your silicone mold and pack as tightly as possible without disturbing the mold shape. Let dry for 5 hours before trying to remove from your mold. Unless you’re using a bath bomb specific metal mold. Lay out on a tray to let it finish drying – about a day or two. Seal in a ziplock bag or airtight container.
- Mine turned out rather pungent with the amount of essential oils recommended in the original recipe. So I would use 1 TBSP rather than 2 TBSP especially if these will be used for kids.
- DON’T remove from your mold immediately if you are using something other than a regular bath bomb mold. I used a silicone mold and I left it in for a few hours before removing to dry the rest of the way. Otherwise, it will crumble and not hold it’s shape.
- For sensitive skin, replace essential oils with food grade flavoring that you can find in the baking section at your local grocery store or on Amazon.